GB Group’s Executive Vice President of Infrastructure, Mr. Pierre Liautaud, was interviewed today on Radio Metropole’s show Le Point in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, by Wendell Theodore. In this 40 minute feature, Mr. Liautaud goes into details of the Lafito Global project as a whole and even takes the viewer on a tour of the site.
Lafito Global is a fully integrated economic zone covering more than 400 hectares of oceanfront land crafted by the GB Group 20 kilometers north of Port-au-Prince in the town of Lafiteau with several access roads linking with the main highways to northern, central and southern Haiti.
By the end of 2015, the Lafito Global project will have required an impressive 145 million dollar investment.
It is the first project of its kind in the country to include:
• a modern international port & terminal
• an industrial free zone
• a business park
• a residential area
The development is designed to:
• drive the creation of more than 25,000 new jobs in Haiti by 2020
• foster a new vibrant economic social center
• establish attractive regional logistics
• become the industrial hub of choice in the region
Port Lafito is the centerpiece of the Lafito Global economic zone. This multi-purpose terminal boasts the deepest port in the nation and will handle containerized and loose-bulk cargo with state of the art equipment and software.
With operations to begin in March 2015, some key facts on Port Lafito:
• Haiti’s 1st Panamax Port
• 12.5 meters of safe draft
• 450 meters of berth to be 900 meters at the completion of phase 2.
• Tideworks terminal operating system (TOS)
• SSA Marine management
• Dry Terminal in Port-au-Prince
Lafito Industrial Free Zone is being developed within Lafito Global to attract international manufacturing companies & revitalize foreign investment in Haiti.
Some of the many advantages for Lafito Industrial Free Zone:
• Located just 1,000 meters from Port Lafito
• 100,000 square meters of manufacturing space
• Self-sufficient including all necessary services & infrastructure to support daily activities & commerce
• 25-megawatt power plant of competitive and reliable power
• Fiscal advantages for manufacturers producing in Haiti for exporting into the United States