Port Lafito is the centerpiece of the Lafito Global economic zone. This multi-purpose terminal boasts the deepest port in the nation and will handle containerized and loose-bulk cargo with state of the art equipment and software.
- Haiti’s Panamax Port
- Operations began June 2015
- 11 meters of safe draft
- 450 meters of berth*
- Tideworks terminal operating system (TOS)
- SSA Marine management
- Dry Terminal in Port-au-Prince
* 530 meters of berth with mooring dolphins
Port and Terminal operations are managed by SSA Marine: the world’s largest terminal operator. This historical first in the Haitian Port and Maritime sector cements the vision set out years ago by GB Group to build a modern container Port. The size and nature of the infrastructure and superstructure investments being made coupled with SSA’s world class operating standards and global marketing network represent a major paradigm shift for the future of the industry in Haiti.
Port Lafito is open to working with all existing lines currently operating in Haiti and their agents as well as lines looking to make Port-au-Prince a new destination.
Port Lafito will benefit from direct weekly calls by major international carriers both to and from regional worldwide hubs and US Ports providing easy access to Latin & South American destinations and the world.
Passenger & Air Cargo
Daily flights to and from Miami, Fort-Lauderdale, New York, Panama City, Santo-Domingo, Paris & Montreal are operated by some of the following major airlines: American Airlines, Delta, Jet Blue, Air Canada, Copa, Air France, United & Air Transat.
- Operations managed by SSA Marine
- Software Operations with Tideworks Terminal Management Solutions
- Quay side Terminal of 130,000 m2 (13 hectares) to be 260,000 m2 at the completion of phase 2
- 450 meters of berth for offloading & loading operations to be 900 meters at the completion of phase 2
- At 11 meters of safe draft, it is the deepest port in Haiti
- Administration Building – for personnel, customs, port authority, security etc.
- State-of-the-art Liebherr cranes
- New terminal container handlers
- Vessel mooring/unmooring services
- Container terminal includes reefer services
- 24 Hour security
- ISPS and C-TPAT certified
Inland Terminal: a second terminal in Port-au-Prince
In order to provide the highest quality customer service, an inland terminal is currently operational in Port-au-Prince (Chancerelles) right in the heart of the city’s traditional industrial center located just 5 minutes from the Port-au-Prince International Airport.
Some significant attractions to the terminal include:
- 50,000 m2 of yard space
- Customs clearing capabilities
- 30,000 square foot customs-bonded warehouse to handle in-bound LCL containers as well as export LCL shipments to be consolidated or palletized for air shipping when required
Cargo handling operations, the most important component of the port, will be driven by two Liebherr LHM 420 mobile harbor cranes, the first of their kind in the Caribbean.
• 124 MT maximum load capacity with 35.8 load capacity on the hook at 48 meters radius.
• The Liebherr cranes produce over 30 moves per hour, the most moves in Haiti.
• Diesel powered units with high-energy efficiency.
• Remote wireless monitoring tracks system status and key statistics including regular alerts to allow the team to maintain rapid crane uptime.
Port equipment includes:
• 2 Taylor Reach Stackers
• 2 Taylor Top Loaders
• 1 Taylor 30,000 lb. Forklift
• 10 Bomb Carts
• 10 Mules
• 200 Chassis
• 16 Trucks
Additional details on hoisting heights, working speeds and equipment specifications can be found at: portlafito.com/operation/equipment.
[tn3 origin=”album” ids=”99″ width=”620″ height=”428″ responsive=”1″]